So how do I get a steel track?
- Fill out an order form. This form will provide us with the necessary information about you and your song. You will also be asked to select your song’s MP3 guide mix on your hard drive. An “MP3 guide mix” is merely an MP3 file of a mix of your song that will be used as a reference for recording the steel track. (See the tips in the right sidebar) When you submit the form, your data and the song file that you select will be transferred to us. If you would like to send us more than one song, please submit a separate form for each song.
- You will also be asked to submit a chord chart if you have one. (This is not mandatory). A chart written using the “Nashville number system” is preferred, although letter-name chord charts or conventional notation are also accepted. We can accept most of the popular file types (.doc, .pdf, .jpg, .xls, .txt, etc.). Lyric sheets are welcome but are not mandatory.
- After successfully submitting your order form, you will receive a confirmation. You will have the opportunity to pay your deposit via PayPal at that time.
- Once your deposit is received, your steel track will be recorded. When the track is completed, an MP3 proof mix of your song, with the steel guitar track mixed in, will be emailed to you for your approval.
- If the steel track meets with your approval, send us an email to let us know. You will then be sent an invoice via email that will allow you to pay the balance due.
- After your final payment has been received, we will send you an email containing instructions for downloading your steel track.
So how much does it cost?
Steel guitar tracks are $100.00 (US) per song. You are free to use them however you please, royalty-free. We do ask that you give proper credit in your album liner notes or other credit information.
A deposit of $50.00 (US) per song is required before any steel tracks are recorded. This deposit is to help assure us that the sender has serious intentions. If, after review of the MP3 proof mix of your song, the steel track is not acceptable, your deposit will be refunded.
We use PayPal for all of our transactions. All major credit cards are accepted, and no PayPal account is required.
So how long does it take?
Turnaround time can vary from several hours to several days or even weeks, depending on our production schedule at the time you order your track. We will make every effort to deliver your track as fast as possible, but we will never compromise quality for speed. If time is of the essence for you, please let us know and we will give you our best estimate as to when you can expect to receive your track.
So how can I be sure I’ll get what I want?
We guarantee that you will be satisfied with the steel track. If you aren’t, we will do our best to make it right. If we can’t come to an agreement, you will owe nothing, and all deposits will be refunded.
So who am I dealing with anyhow?
We can provide steel guitar tracks in the following formats:
- .wav (16,24, 32 bit, @44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, and 192 kHz sample rates)
- .aiff 16 or 24 bit, @44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, and 192 kHz sample rates)
- .sd2 (16 or 24 bit, @44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, and 192 kHz sample rates)
- .mp3 (@44.1 kHz or 48 kHz sample rates)
*If you require a format that is not listed, please contact us.
*All tracks will be recorded dry (with no effects) unless otherwise requested.